Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Simple Things

I just finished watching a DVR episode of Ice Road Truckers and no this was not my choice.  My little boy is fascinated with trucks big and small.  He gets so excited to see a truck, ride in a truck, fix a truck.  I am so thankful my husband brings his work truck home each night.  Just the sound of it coming around the corner is enough to draw away the whining children under my feet long enough to do something productive. 

A couple months ago it was like Christmas at our home.  Our daddy got a new work truck--a Dodge Cummins.  Sadly, I had to just google that to see if that was the actual name.  The magic of this new truck was lost on me.  I have no appreciation for all that this truck represents, but my children do.  They beg for rides around the block.  Each night when my husband gets home from work they rush out and inspect its wheels and all safe moving parts.  I don't think I have ever seen my husband this excited about something new in the five years we have been married.  Not even the birth of our children.  He was so excited that he "hoped I write on my blog" about it.  Again, I was not inspired enough to match his excitement.  Don't you waste a minute feeling sorry for him.  His kids have more than made up for my lack of enthusiasm.  Their first words in the morning after "GET MY CHOCOLATE MILK!" are "where's daddy?  is he in the Norco Truck?"  We go through this ritual each and every day. 

In other news we are the proud owners of Size 4 Thomas the Train underwear.  My Rider boy clutched them to his chest like his favorite toy all the way home and he even held them during nap time.  He was proud.  He even seemed to go along with my subtle hints about "no more diapers and big boy underwear."  So far he has been willing to comply as long as he can wear his new "toy."  I really think he thinks it is like a brand new toy.  He tried to convince me to buy some for his little sister.  She is definitely curious about the whole business.  She is very cooperative about playing along with the latest and greatest thing in the family.  As far as she is concerned this is just another fun adventure like the Norco truck. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, we have to watch "Ice Road Truckers" at our house too. Only it is because Reid loves it. Good luck on the potty training!

    ReplyDelete