Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Dear Lydia

Thank you for still making me feel like you can't live without me.  I know that is not at all important in the grand plan to train you to be a fantastic human being.  When you bang into the wall because you are throwing us that "I am so important" look, or when you  fall off the chair because you were trying to be big like your brothers and jump off, or when you fall off your step stool when you are trying to do step aerobics with me in the basement, I love it when you cling to me as if I hold the magic to make all things better. 

I know you love your daddy and he is no doubt your vehicle to all that is fun and adventurous.  He loves to tell you stories and teach you how to fix things and there is really nothing more cute than seeing you with your brother's pretend tools trying to fix things.  You remind me daily when things are dropped or broken, like the ceramic soccer ball at the dollar store today, that "its okay mom."  You are absolutely right; it is okay.  Who even buys those tacky things?  Thank you for understanding that mommy is not as easy going as daddy and still loving me.  If it makes you feel any better I was just as disappointed when Rider dropped the garden mirror ball thingy at Town and Country Gardens last year.  You were just a baby and probably don't remember.  I am pretty sure you were the cuteness that got us out of that pickle.  I am slow at learning that it really is okay.  Thank you for teaching me.  I love you more than dollar store tacky things and perfectly organized bookshelves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment