Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Signs of Summer

It wouldn't be summer at the Petersen 1/2 Acre without a decent virus complete with five days of throwing up.   Yes, you heard me FIVE days.  No, it was not continuous.  It was nicely spread out throughout the occupants of this house and at decent hours of the night like 3 a.m., 2 a.m., 12 midnight, 1 p.m., etc.  We really know how to party around here. 

It all started when the cousins came to visit.  They arrived in shifts--one left on the doorstep by grandma.   Then four in a van with Aunt M.  They were armed with swimming suits and towels and ready for a party.   I reluctantly began to prepare Petersen Water Park.  I could feel the pukies coming on and I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.  Somehow I also managed to whip up some cookies decent enough to feed hungry cousins and anyone else who cared. 

The cousins suited up and unknown to me the neighbors did too.  At one point I think I hid in my kitchen and peeked out the window while whining to my husband on the phone that there were at least 100 kids in my backyard (I think it was actually 12).  It turns out that the cousins scared off the neighbors and Petersen Water Park closed down just in time for Lydia to start her pukies.  Grandma showed up to take all the cousins back and somehow she left with the one she left on the doorstep.  Then in a strange twist the remaining partiers were picked up and we were still left with one cousin for an overnight stay in the Petersen Puke hotel. 

Somehow it is now Wednesday night and everything is somewhat back to normal.  We are down to no cousins, no pukies, and only two children (Austin is visiting relatives in UT).  I sprayed down the Petersen water park toys with disinfectant.  We have had some trouble with our water park toys and the wind.  I have fished out the Whale pool and the rectangle "big Kid" pool out of our neighbor's yard a few times over the past week.  After I woke up from my pukies yesterday we were again missing a pool.  I think it is a sign that summer is coming to an end.  Thankfully so have the pukies!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys feel better! That is no fun. I have noticed that your house must be the favorite kids joint on the street. I hope that if you need to you can say without feeling bad "it's time for you all to go home."

    ReplyDelete