Thursday, July 14, 2011

Staking a Claim

Who said "if you fail to plan, you plan to fail?"  I am not sure, but I am certain that their are forces at work, for good and evil, when it comes to the precious minutes in a day. 

My summer days are melting away with the 5000 popsicles we consume in a week.  I can't seem to get anything accomplished and there seems to be endless invitations for fun and sun.  I rise with the birds and don't seem to be getting any worms.  My daily battles revolve around the water faucets outside, naptimes, and getting too close to the road.  My secret enemies are the ants hanging around my garage waiting to slurp up forgotten popsicles and the greedy birds raiding my garden.  It may seem like a whole lot of nothing, but it is gobbling up my time like the hot dogs Rider eats for Breakfast, lunch and dinner---ewww!  I am nutritionally balanced Mother of the Year. 

We need a plan and we need more time.  I am going to get to work on that right after I rescue Lydia from Rider and the hose and begin the drying out process for the 4th time today and pick up their uneaten hot dog buns off the grass.  I don't need word getting out to the ant army about that feast. In the meant time I am staking my claim on my time so I can accomplish a whole lot of something before there is nothing left.

No comments:

Post a Comment