Friday, November 9, 2012

Brussel Sprouts and Sunshine

Today we waited for morning to come.  It never did it seemed, so we stayed in our jammies until we had to leave the house.  We all stumbled around in a daze.  Where did the sunshine go?  It is our clock.  It tells us when to wake up, when to eat, when to drink, when to nap, and when its bedtime.  Today it did not come and we were left to our own devices to manage our day.  We did not do so well. 

I cooked Brussel Sprouts for dinner.  They were part of my Bountiful Basket last week.  I refuse to let them go bad just because I don't know anyone who even eats Brussel Sprouts.  I searched out a recipe that appeared to bring out the best qualities in these little Green gremlins.  Something interesting occurred.  As they sauteed in a hot bath of olive oil they became very shiny and brilliantly green.  I found myself smiling.  It was the same kind of smile when I first greet the morning sunshine.  Seems so strange that these strange and smelly little veggies could bring sunshine to my day. 

1 comment:

  1. So how were they? I should try them fried liked that, I might like them more that way. Noah loves them. We just boil them in water until you can stick a fork in it. He like to dip it in miracle whip and horseradish, I just put salt and pepper on it.

    ReplyDelete